Corporate Governance and Compliance
Extensive experience in advising national and international companies from different economic sectors in the incorporation and operation of corporate vehicles in different jurisdictions. The Firm also provides corporate services in the start-up phase and fiduciary administration.
Family-owned companies rely on our services for the organization of their corporate governance, through the negotiation of family protocols and their linkage with corporate bylaws.
Likewise, the Firm has specialized in the design and implementation of prevention systems in Latin America against the risk of money laundering and other conducts that may affect the reputation of our clients in the different jurisdictions where they operate, as well as in compliance policies in competition law for risk control against restrictive practices against the market (restrictive agreements, abuse of dominant position, breach of the regime of integrations), which also favors their defense in investigations carried out by the competition authority aiming by obtaining reduction of possible sanctions.
Among those most frequently required by our clients are the following:
Corporate Law and Corporate Governance
- Incorporation of national companies, fully owned and branches of foreign companies. Representative offices.
- Structuring of corporate groups, parent companies and subsidiaries, holding companies.
- Extraordinary operations of transformation, merger or spin-off of companies.
- Corporate services (maintenance and management of shareholder’s books and minutes, legal representation, among others).
- Support to companies’ internal legal offices regarding their operations in Latin America.
- Legal advice and representation of partners at shareholders’ meetings
- Drafting of shareholders’ agreements
- Advice and legal representation in corporate disputes
- Issuance of shares, capitalizations, advice on dividend policies and other corporate transactions
- Advising on share transfer or sale agreements.
- Voluntary liquidation and domestic and foreign insolvency proceedings.
- Design and administration of compliance systems for risk identification and management.
- Implementation of mandatory and voluntary policies in anti-money laundering, counter-terrorism, counter-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, business ethics and their equivalents in Latin American jurisdictions.
- Support in the drafting and implementation of compliance systems at the regional level.
- Design and implementation of personal data protection systems.
- Outsourcing of Compliance Officer and Personal Data Protection Officer services.
- Corporate governance
WHY CHOOSE US?
We are businessmen who talk to businessmen. Practicing law means for us to accompany the company in making timely and pragmatic decisions, within an increasingly globalized corporate regulatory framework, which our different offices allow us to understand and manage in an optimal way. We strive to ensure that our legal and tax responses and recommendations reach our interlocutors in a clear way, whether they are CEO, CFO, controller or in-house counsel, and if possible, we consider different options to reach the same result.
16 years of experience
Jurisdictions: Italy, Colombia.
Jurisdictions: Chile , Colombia
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join our community, you will receive information about our services and news about important topics.